Sunday 4 December 2011

The Trial



Geoff’s Trial:
There is another tale to tell, I’ll tell it if you’re quiet,
For more happened, to our friend Geoff, when he’d blown away that riot!
Of this tale too, our Geoff’s the star, on that you can be certain,
This tale begins, one Monday morn, as Geoff’s drawing the curtain!
“’Ello, ello, ello, up there!” Came calls from Geoff’s front lawn,
“I’d like to ask you, if I may, about the other morn!”
In fact, that other morn there’d been, a little spot of trouble,
A mob had got in our Geoff’s way, and he’d shot them into rubble!
And now the law had caught him up, and Geoff began to worry,
For he was late for work again, he knew he’d have to hurry!
“You’ve got the wrong address!” He cried, “For surely, I’m no dastard”
“I think you’ll find that sir, you are, you naughty, naughty man!”
Geoff knew that he was banged to rights, with no way out of this one,
In desperation he cried out, “I wish I had a scone!”
The policeman was quite merciful; with Geoff he picked no bone,
And so before he took him in, he bought our friend a scone!
And at the trial, for it did come, Geoff argued “Self Defence,
The riotous mob insulted me, and caused me great offence!”
And upon hearing our Geoff’s plight, the jury felt quite sorry,
Their verdict was “Let him go free, let’s give him no more worry!”
And so for now our tale is done, Geoff has a happy ending,
The mob had broken his poor heart, but now it can start mending!


No comments:

Post a Comment